Yesterday I took a look back at my year in books and today, being the start of a new year, I'm going to look forward. One of the things that make me so excited about a new year is all of the new books that are going to be published and I thought I would take a look at some that I can't wait to read along with a few book-related new year's resolutions!
Here are 15 novels that come out THIS YEAR that I'm excited to read!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I love Sarah J. Maas' books, so I'm sure this will be no exception!
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab (aka Victoria Schwab) - Schwab's first adult book was SO GREAT and I have high hopes for this one!
- Alive by Scott Sigler - A teenage girl wakes up in a coffin and finds others in the same position. That's how it starts. HOW COOL IS THAT!? (Note: in real life this would NOT be cool)
- Bones & All by Camille DeAngelis - Cannibals. That is all.
- Delicate Monsters by Stephanie Kuehn - Supposedly the main female character is screwed up. I'm excited to see if it's true!
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer - I'll pretty much read anything Marissa writes, and since Winter isn't out until much later I suppose I'll have to see how Queen Levana turned into who she is. I'm interested to see if I like it. (We'll stick Winter in here too, cause it comes out this year too!)
- Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan - This is a musical as a novel about one of the best characters from Will Grayson, Will Grayson. It cannot get better than that.
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray - I'm excited to finally see what happens to this cast of characters!
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley - This cover. This summary! And Neil Gaiman meets John Green? Heck yes I'll give that a shot!
- Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly - This book just sounds so adorable I can't even. Also, the cover is SO CUTE!!!
- Ruthless by Carolyn Lee Adams - A girl gets kidnapped by a serial killer and he might become her first victim? Oh yes.
- The Devil You Know by Trish Doller - I love both of Trish's previous books and this one is a thriller, which is right up my alley!
- The Remedy by Suzanne Young - A prequel to The Program that shows how it all started? I foresee tears in my future.
- The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury - The main character can't touch anyone, which reminds me of Shatter Me, but it sounds like it's gonna be set in more of a mid-evil time. That sounds awesome!
- The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma - I've loved Imaginary Girls and with this novel it sounds like she's getting back to that more magical realism thing, which has me super excited!
- A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz - The description of this novel just sounds so beautiful I can't not read it.
- Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider - I loved Schneider's first novel, The Beginning of Everything, and this book - which is about people with incurable tuberculosis - sounds like exactly something I would read.
- Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry - I'll read anything McGarry writes and this new series sounds HOT.
- The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich - This is a psychological thriller made up of several things, including medical reports and video transcripts. That sounds way cool!
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu - The Young Elites was one of my top reads last year and I'm excited to see how the story continues.
Slasher Girls & Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke - I added an extra book because this is an anthology. I love a lot of the authors contributing to this and the idea sounds awesome!
This is not even close to a list of the books I'm excited for to come out in 2015! Ask me about more of them in the comments, on the facebook page, or on twitter!
A new year also means some resolutions to go along with it. I decided that, to hold myself more accountable, I would write down a few of my book-related ones here! These are in no particular order.
- I hope to read 100 books this year, which is 49 more than last year (or about double).
- With the increase in books I also hope to increase the number of posts I put up. Reviews, giveaways, and just plain discussions!
- Whenever I go to a book signing I want to have read at least one book by the author (If there are more than one author at the event I want to have read at least one book by at least one author, more if there are 5+)! [Note: I tried this last year, it lasted less than a month. We'll see if I can do it this year!]
- I want to write at least 350 words every day (here a "day" is a weekday that is not a national holiday. That equals writing at least 252 days this year)!
I have extra copies of three 2015 ARCs and so I've decided that one winner will get to pick two of them to keep for themselves! Below are the three titles I have extra copies of and all you have to do to win is enter via the rafflecopter! And since this giveaway started a day after the one put up yesterday it will end on the 11th, instead of the 10th!
This giveaway is only open to people with US/Canadian mailing address because I am very broke and international shipping is expensive. Sorry to all of my international followers, there will be more giveaways for you in the future!