Friday, April 6, 2012

Review-Catching Jordan

I bought this book when it first hit shelves, because, I mean, Simone Elkeles blurbed it and I loved her books, also, how awesome does this book sound?  Unfortunately I had so many other things I had to do and so many other books I had to read it got pushed aside, but I finished The Disenchantments and was under the impression my next book wouldn't be here for a few more days (I was wrong) so I started into this one with the advice of Trish (again).  I ended up reading this book in two days (for two reasons) and I just loved it.  The first reason, my next book got here early and I can't wait to jump in on it.  The second reason?  It was a really good book!  If you've ever met me you'll know that I'm the kind of person who is a lot like Jordan in this book, and no, I don't mean that in a way that I am a football star, but because I'm such a tomboy.  Miranda has written such a great story with a really strong female character who still has her flaws and all of us tomboys can relate to in the best possible way.  There was also football in it (duh), quite a lot, and even though I'not a football fan, I was able to keep up with the plays and players and such.  This book touches on so many things, first love, friendship, a woman's role in the sports world, how we're seen when we try to break through stereotypes, and the average high school male.  It's also just such a fun, quick book that won't take you long to read!  I think the only thing that could have made this book better was if it was from two points of view, like Simone's books are.  If you enjoy contemporary books, authors such as Simone Elkeles or Stephanie Perkins, or football I think you'll really enjoy this book.  And what's even better, it came out in paperback originally, so there's no need to worry about cover changes or waiting to buy it until it's cheaper!  I look forward to Miranda's second book (a companion to this one) because it's about baseball (and I do baseball) and Miranda is such a good writer!



5/5 dust sprites

No comments:

Post a Comment