Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Review-City of Lost Souls

I was so excited for this book to come out.  I was a little disappointed with City of Fallen Angels so this one was a pleasant surprise.  There were some parts of the book that I didn't like, but Cassie is such a great author I can't seem to hate anything that she writes, no matter how much it breaks my heart.  Again Cassie has worked her magic and somehow added more romance, more danger, and more kick-ass girl power into the fifth installment of the series.  There are so many things that I love about this series and it's really good to see that it's not circling the drain like some series that have been extended.  Cassie's world is so rich and her characters are so real.  It's also so great to have read her prequel series because those little Easter eggs that she plants in this book particularly are just so much to find.  Yes, every time I found one I internally squeeled because I GOT THAT REFERENCE.  Everything seems to fall in place, and I can't wait to see how Cassie ends the series.  This book has more beautiful quotes, one of those lovely dirty sexy scenes that we all love so much, and as in the previous book there were many different points of views, and in this one we even got to see some from Jocelyn!  There were some times when Cassie jumped to another person's point of view in another place right in the middle of something huge happening, and I wanted to scream "WHY?" and jump ahead (I did see how long it would take until I got back to that particular plot point) but it was really interesting to see how she wove them all together.  The ending (like the ending of all of her books) really packed a punch, and I can't wait to see where she will end the series.  Cassie does it again, bravo Cassie, bravo.  If you've read the series get this book ASAP, and it you haven't I would suggest starting the series soon.




5/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment