Saturday, May 19, 2012

Review-The Lost Code

I met Kevin at a signing for another local author and I learned of his newest book (this one), which seemed to be right up my alley.  I managed to snag an ARC of it, but again I seemed to put it off.  Seeing as the book comes out in less then a week and I'm going to Kevin's launch party I decided that I should probably get on reading the book so that I know what the hell is going on when I'm at the launch and I can ask some questions that don't make me sound like an idiot.  I really liked the fact that the book was told from a Male's point of view.  Even though boys are about half of the population they still only seem to get less than a fifth of the books in the YA genre written with them in mind.  Kevin of course is a guy, and all of his other books are suited for boys.  I liked the fact that the main character was a boy, and that he wasn't one of those manly characters that knows everything and is in shape and has all of the girls swoon over him.  The whole plot idea was really great too. it was nice to see a new idea put into play.  Kevin has created a really great world that could in fact end up being our world one day, and the whole summer camp thing was lots of fun too.  I did seem to have a little bit of a problem getting into it at some times, but I just finished a book that I had read in less than 24 hours.  I do think I'll pick up the second book in the series, and I applaud Kevin for coming up with a great new idea.  If you're a guy, if you like books that aren't the same thing over and over, or if you're looking for a present for a guy that likes to read this would be a good book for you.

Out May 22, 2012


4/5 dust spirits

1 comment: