Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review-Onyx

When I finished Obsidian I already had Onyx on order, so it was dropped off at my door a few days after I finished book one.  Due to books I had to review before they came out it got pushed out of the way a little bit, but then I started it.  From the back of the book I knew a little bit of what I was getting into, and before I go on I do want to let you all know that I did enjoy the book.  That being said it took me a longer time to finish this book because Daemon (despite being very sexy) was also being, as Katy would call him a "douche canoe".  I'm all for guys protecting their girlfriends when the girls are helpless, but when the girl can actually help herself and the guy just won't let her I get really angry.  It's things like this that really make me  ballistic.  Yes, I'm sure most of us want a strong, hot guy to sweep us off our feet and protect us from evil, but I for one don't want to be helpless. In this book Katy isn't helpless, but even though Daemon knows that he's still hell bent on letting her NOT help.  Although even with all of that, and the fact that I was not surprised by the plot or the way things developed I was still relatively pleased with the book, and enjoyed the snark of the characters along with the hotness of Daemon and Katy's bravery.  This isn't the kind of novel that I would say is life-changing in any way, it doesn't exactly make you re-think your life, it is still a nice novel to read because despite the fact that it can be heavy at times it's a FUN book.  And to me one of the most important parts of a book is that, even though it may be very dark it still manages to make you laugh every once and a while.  I look forward to reading the third book and beyond in this series, because Armentrout is really a creative author with great ideas and dialogue that kicks ass.


4.5/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment