Saturday, February 9, 2013

Review-Pivot Point

Another book I got from the blogger dinner I was supposed to go to, I asked the person who hosted it if I should read this one or City of A Thousand Dolls, and her response was to read this one right away.  Having now finished it I can see what she meant.  Sometimes it seems that all of the good ideas in the world have been taken, and people are only writing books with old ideas, using new strings of sentences, but then you read a book like this, and you think "wow was I wrong".  The idea for this novel was so fresh and new, I just couldn't seem to put it down.  I'm sure there will be a few people who won't like it because of the fact that the alternating chapters are in alternate futures for the same girl, but I personally just found myself adoring that.  There are two boys, a best friend that, if you're anything like Addie you know all about, and mystery/suspense, which mixed together make for a book that's really unforgettable.  The characters were real, the plot was fresh and new, and the emotions that I felt when reading were really strong.  I connected with the main character because I was honestly a lot like her (minus the mental abilities, but how cool would those be?), and ONE of the guys I just ADORED.  There were some scenes that were adorable, like, I wish they would happen to me adorable, and at the end I couldn't help but go "WHAT, NO, WHERE IS THE REST OF IT!?".  I can't wait for the next book in the series (I think it's a duology?  I hope it will be more than two books long though), and Kasie has a contemporary novel out later this year that I am just DYING to get my hands on because if it's half as cute as this it will be FLIPPING ADORABLE!  Recently I've been amazed by the debut talent that's come out of Harper particularly, and this is no exception.  When this book hits shelves I highly recommend that you pick up a copy (or ask your local library to get in a copy), because you will be in for something special.

Out February 12, 2013


5/5 dust spirits

*Thanks to Harper for providing me with an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment