Friday, October 25, 2013

In Which I Talk About NaNoWriMo

Unless you've had your head stuck under a rock for the past few years you've probably heard of something called "NaNoWriMo" or "National Novel Writing Month".  If you don't know what it is let me explain, basically it's when you write a novel (50,000 words) in a month (November 1-30).  Every year thousands of people sign up and try to knock out a novel in thirty days.  My friend has been doing it for quite a few years and this year I decided I was going to give it a shot too!  This means that I might not be around a ton in the upcoming month.  50,000 words in thirty days is quite a few, and I really have no idea if I'm actually going to finish (well, actually it's called winning) but I'm gonna try my darnedest to do so.  I hope that I'll still have time to read as well, but with homework and college classes I really can't promise anything.  Maybe this book might even turn into something more, but first I'll have to actually write it.  
If you've decided to take up the challenge too then let me know and we can hopefully all write (or procrastinate) together, and it not maybe take the month of November to celebrate some authors who got their start as NaNo authors!  Cinder by Marissa Meyer and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern are both NaNo novels that were published and are HUGE hits!
Wish me luck and if you are embarking on this journey too I wish you luck as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment