Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review-Crash Into You

Just last year a crazy talented writer came onto the scene with her debut contemporary novel Pushing the Limits and there is no doubt in my mind that since that no matter what she writes (it could be mutated bunnies killing the bee population and dooming the world) I will read it.  When I asked for an ARC of this book and it showed up in the mail I basically freaked out.  Katie has always somewhat pushed the limits (pardon the pun) when it comes to what she puts her characters though, they experience REAL danger and REAL problems.  I have to say that in this book she NAILED the real problems, and she took one that is so overlooked and made it a huge part of the story.  The main female character, Rachel, suffers from anxiety/panic attacks and for me this was HUGE because it's SO underrepresented when it comes to literature and television.  We talk about depression all the time now, but anxiety is basically the other side of the depression coin, and it makes me sad that it's never talked about.  Katie does such a great job at making it real and serious, which is something so many people just don't understand.  On the flip side Katie also sprinkles the book with those swoony moments that she's become famous for in her books.  If it's possible I think she's made NOT kissing even sexier than *cough* other things *cough*.  In this book we really get to look into Isaiah's life and see so much more of him than we did in the first two books in the series.  He grows SO much in this book and I just love it.  BOTH of the characters grow, and we meet some really great new characters too.  We've seen the three main characters from Pushing the Limits find someone they love and next year we get to see a new character get a shot at a happy ending, but I wouldn't object to seeing a few more characters from this book get their shot as well.  Maybe if we all love them enough Katie will give them a shot.  Regardless of what ends up happening I'll be happy with anything Katie gets to write/publish, and should she stop with four books in the series I'll still be elated because she's already slated for another series to hit shelves next year.

Out November 26, 2013


5/5 dust spirits

*Thanks to Harlequin Teen for providing me with an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment