Sunday, June 22, 2014

Review-On the Fence

I discovered Kasie's writing way back when her first novel came out (holy crap that was just last year) and I instantly fell in love with her books.  The fact that she's written both paranormal and contemporary is super cool, and I can assure you that she kicks butt at writing both, which is a rare thing!  The moment I heard about this book I knew I had to read it because 1, it was Kasie West and 2, the PLOT!  If any of you don't know I'm a huge sucker for books with love stories between two best friends, and when the girl reminds me a little of myself, like Charlie did, I'm even happier.  Basically this book was written just for me (not really but it sure seems that way), and I really loved it.  All of the main characters in this book were so much fun and with all of the great characters I would really love to see a spin-off book or two happen with them as the lead, but seeing as that probably won't happen (I can dream though, right?) I'm just thrilled that Kasie will be writing more contemporary.  All of her novels, but this one (and her other contemp) in particular are the kind of books that cheer you up when you're feeling blue, that get you back into reading when you're in a slump, and give you little butterflies in your tummy at all the swoony parts that happen through it.  These are the kinds of books that I longed to be able to write back when I was 13 (I won't even bother trying to write them now because god knows they would not end well), but seeing other people succeed at books like this, ones that are fluffy and beg you to take them to the beach, makes me so happy.  Stephanie Perkins fans should definitely try these wonderfully adorable books that are quick to read and leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling, and as an added bonus they're straight to PB release so they make your wallet happy too.  With this story Kasie has pretty much sealed the deal that I'll read anything she writes and probably attempt to get my hands on it ASAP.  Hopefully there never comes a day when I don't want to read a book like this or by this author.  She's not as well known as some of the others, but she's one to look out for, because she's (hopefully) going to big places.

Out July 1, 2014


5/5 dust spirits

*Thanks to Harper Teen for providing me with an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment