Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review-Clockwork Prince

First off, I love Cassie's books. She's one of my favorite authors and there is not a book she has written that I don't like.  People have said many things about this book, that it left them heart-broken, it made them cry, it was the best book she's ever written, and while these all may be true to some people only one of them is true for me.  This is, by far, the best book Cassie has ever written.  I can see how some people might cry and how some people might be left heart-broken, because Cassie writes in such a way that plays with your emotions, like a roller coaster of feelings shoved at you in such a way you just have to hold on to them for the time being.  People are also steadily on a side, Team Jem or Team Will, and to begin with I was Team Will, but now I'm Team "Cassie Break My Heart and You Will Die".  I think there's a good way to end the series, a reasonable way to end the series, and a way that will leave half of us broken for the rest of our lives, and based on this book I'm guessing it will be the last one that ends up being written.  The book only takes place between a two week period but I feel that so much is squished into that two weeks, so much happens, we learn so much, and it's just so magical.  Dare I say that this series is shaping up to be BETTER then the Mortal Instruments (although I am still rather partial to Jace).  I wish I could say that the reason I took so long to read this book was because I was savoring every moment of it, but I was sick, and didn't want to read when I was sick, but once I got better it was SO good.  Somehow I just seemed to find myself in Tessa's London, and I was worried for all of the character's safety, even the main ones, because we all know Cassie isn't afraid to kill of a main character.  If you haven't read the first book in this series I highly recommend you pick it up, then grab this one.  If you haven't read anything by Cassie at least pick up ONE of her books, either of her series will do, but this one really does stand out against other books in the genre at this time.  Bravo Cassie, Bravo.



5/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment