Saturday, March 31, 2012

Review-Hemlock

Kathleen is my debut author to interview for May, but I really wanted to read her book because Kimberly Derting blurbed it.  As you all know I love Kim's books and Kathleen's debut novel was a lot like Kim's in style and mood.  This book was so good, I loved pretty much all of it.  The idea that werewolves are now something that everyone knows about and everyone fears was such a great plot line because it's so fresh and new.  Of course you have the classic love triangle (well, in a way), the murders/dead people that I love in a novel, and of course some awesome kisses.  The action is really great too, my heart was pounding the last fourth or so of the book, and the very last page just left you wanting the next book in the series, but unfortunately it's not out until some time next year (poo).  I'm also a huge fan of crazy medical diseases as well as a good mystery, and I was very pleased to say that this book had me guessing up until the last few pages.  Kathleen has such a great book right here, and if you're a fan of Kimberly Derting or Maggie Stiefvater's Wolves of Mercy Falls series I think that you will really enjoy this book/series.  I feel like it's the perfect blend of The Body Finder and Shiver that keeps the reader intrigued until the very end.  I dare you to figure out the mystery before Mac does, because Kathleen writes it in a way that makes it almost impossible, unless of course you're Sherlock Holmes.  A stunning debut that will leave you breathless and pining for more.  Hemlock blew me away with the romance, the paranormal aspect, and the mystery.  Hopefully all of the characters that make it out of book one alive will be in book two (for some reason I have a sense that book two is going to be even better), and I'm so glad that I picked Kathleen as my May debut author.  Keep an eye out for this book when it comes out and if you don't want to buy it definitely pick it up at a local library or request it if you think you might even remotely like it.

Out May 8, 2012


5/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment