Saturday, March 3, 2012

Review-Starters

I won an ARC of this book in the Apocalypsies monthly chat (every 12th on Twitter!) and was really excited to read it, because Lissa is coming to my city on the 17th to do a signing/brunch with Marissa Meyer (who's book I loved).  This is one of those books that looks like it's a middle-grade novel because of the cover, but it's really not.  I was very pleased with the whole book, because even though the idea could be majorly creepy, and there was one or two parts that made me scratch my head but I was still really interested.  The whole plot is really a great idea, because I could see it happening today if we had the technology.  Callie was also such a great hero because she was strong, resourceful, and unlike a lot of today's heroes put her younger brother over herself every time.  The plot reminded me less of a dystopian novel and more of a sci-fi one, and now that I think about it it would make a sweet movie.  In my opinion there's really nothing else like it out there on the market at this time, and although some parts of it might make you a little uneasy, because, I mean, what is happening in the book is by no means right but is a lot like some of the things that are happening in our world right now.  Part murder mystery, part sci-fi thriller, and party dystopian I would recommend you at least take a look at the book when it comes out if you liked Across the Universe or Wither.  It's like a mix of the two, and there's even kissing. The ending was really great too, and if you have the chance download the short e-prequel.  I'm looking forward to the sequel that comes out THIS YEAR (how cool is that?) and I applaud Lissa for her great idea.  She is definitely a new author to watch because with some luck she's gonna be one of the next big things.

Out March 13, 2012


4.5/5 dust spirits

1 comment:

  1. oooohhh!!! now I can't wait! I was wary because of what you pointed out...the cover does give that vibe...but now...with your review, I'm more than ready!

    ReplyDelete