Friday, June 1, 2012

Review-A midsummer's Nightmare

I've read both of Kody's other books, and I met her at a signing when she came to Seattle, so when I asked for an ARC of her next book from Little Brown/Poppy I was really pleased when it showed up in the mail with another ARC.  I managed to read the whole book in less than a day even with school and everything, and I think that's because Kody's books are just so much fun.  They can be a little heavy in places and they include some explicit content (this one not as much as her other two in my opinion) and vulgar language, but I think the nice thing about her books are how real they are.  Yes, some of her characters are a little more troubled then most people but they are real.  For some reason I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as her other two books, maybe because it reminded me a little of The DUFF but it was still a really fun and quick read.  There were a few things that I really did love about the book though.  First was the guy.  The guy in this book is just perfect.  He's like, my dream guy, smart, funny, nerdy, and a little athletic (of course I don't think I can find a guy like that).  Second, I loved that we saw some characters from her other books.  I love when authors add little cameos of characters from their other books in their new ones, even if it's just a few lines out of the book.  If you enjoyed Kody's other books I highly recommend you check this book out when it releases next week.  It's probably not the most appropriate thing for anyone under the age of say...14, but it is a really good summer read.  With her classic wit and charm Kody does it again, and I can't wait to read her next novel.

Out June 5, 2012


4.5/5 dust spirits


No comments:

Post a Comment