Monday, December 24, 2012

Review-A Million Suns

I read Across the Universe when it first came out, and I really loved it, and then I won an ARC of this book from the author, but I never actually got around to reading it until now.  That was stupid because this book was just as good as the first one.  I was a little confused to start off with, because it had been over a year since I read the first installment.  Once I got back in the swing of things though it was easy to fall back into the story and the world.  Again Beth managed to surprise me with where her plot went, and although I did see SOME of the twists coming I still ended up going "wow" a couple of times.  This is really the only space-y story I'm familiar with at the moment (in terms of YA) and since I've always been a huge Star Trek fan it's really great to see those elements in a book that has gotten a lot of attention and that a lot of people have picked up and read.  It really made me happy that Beth managed to bring the "murder mystery" element into book two, because I really did like that part of book one.  I also enjoyed the fact she stayed with the dual POV, because that brings more to the story as well, especially because the characters are so different in their jobs.  After having finished this book I have high hopes for the last one, and with it coming out shortly I will have to pick it up and see how it ends.  Beth has done another WONDERFUL job writing a book, and I can't wait to see what happens in the end because if it's anything like the two it will blow me away.  Beth is a talented writer and I hope to read more of her books after this trilogy has finished.


4.5/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment