Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Review-Through The Ever Night

I first read Under the Never Sky in 2011, before it came out, and I recently did a reread with Epic Reads, but when I couldn't get a copy of the sequel I was devastated but I talked to the lovely Veronica Rossi and she was kind enough to send me an early finished copy.  I would have finished this book yesterday, but it was Christmas and there was stuff to do, so I finished it as fast as I could today.  I loved the first book and I was really looking forward to this one, and I wasn't disappointed.  Rossi kept up with the dual POV, one of the things I just loved to death about the first book, and the romance was still there.  The transformation in the characters was really noticeable, not just from the first book to this one, but just within this book.  And of course Rossi had the obligatory (it's not really, but I've seen a pattern) part that makes you scream and go "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!?" (I did that more than once).  90% if not 100% of all the characters that made it out of book one alive showed up in book two, along with some new characters that I enjoyed.  There were even some changes in characters from book one that I NEVER thought I would see.  So much changed in this book that I can't wait to see how it all turns out.  The only thing I regret with reading this book so fast is that now I'll have to wait even longer to read the final book in the trilogy.  With the way this one ended I'm sure the last one is going to be AMAZING, and I wish with all of my heart it was coming out tomorrow instead of next next year (2014).  Veronica has done it again, a lush world an amazing romance and stakes that are even higher than they were in the first book, this sequel is all I wanted and more.

Out January 8, 2013


5/5 dust spirits

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the final book, I really enjoyed this one too!

    ReplyDelete