Sunday, April 7, 2013

Review-Dead Silence

A few years ago I read Kim's debut novel, The Body Finder, and when I finished it I was hooked.  Then I found out that Kim is semi-local and I was thrilled because how cool is it when one of your favorite authors lives in the same state as you!?  Basically I've been reading all of her books and going to as many events of hers as I can since I learned about her, so when I got an early copy of the next (I REFUSE to believe it's the last) book in her first series I was beyond elated.  Having just finished it I can say that the fourth installment of the series does not disappoint.  There are those book series that you read and love, so when you dive into a new book it's like coming home, and for me this is one of those books.  Now, I'm not positive, because I don't have the other books on me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that this one has the most "chapters" from the killer's POV than the previous ones, which to me made it that much better.  There might be people who criticize Kim for some of the detailed images she puts in her books, but seeing as I love that kind of stuff it makes me happy that she doesn't shy away from the gross stuff like some authors do when it comes to the YA genre.  Although there are some dark scenes in the novels Kim adds some light to even the darkest scenes with her cast of characters that readers have come to love so much over the past four years.  Although Kim has said this is the last book in the series I refuse to believe that, because there are  things that Kim left open-ended, and even some new threads that could be picked up on in another story.  My hope is that she decides to continue with the characters, even if it's just in little short stories or e-novellas, because I will be sad to see them go, and I know I'm not the only one.  But for the time being I will admit that although ambiguous the ending was good, and I was very happy with how the book turned out.  If you've read the previous Body Finder books this is a must, and if you haven't I'm not quite sure what's stopping you.

Out April 16, 2013


5/5 dust spirits

*Thank You to Harper Teen for providing me with an ARC in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment