Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review-Auracle

I got an early copy of this book along with some other books by the publisher for review.  Next thing I know the release date snuck up on me and is waving a hand in my face.  When I first heard about the idea for this book I was completely enthralled because it sounded like it was going to be along the lines of The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, and now that I've finished it I can say that I'm happily pleased that it does fit into that sort of category.  The idea that Gina has come up with is such a great one, and to my knowledge it has never been used before, which makes it fresh and gives her extra points.  I also really enjoyed the fact that there were little bits of Japanese culture stuck in the book, and that most of the book takes place with the main character with no body!  It only took me about a day to read the whole book, and what I read I was very happy with.  Gina has told me that the book is not part of a sequel but I myself would love to read one, because I think there's some great potential for one, and maybe if this one sells well she'll consider it.  Also, just let me say that I really want a Rei for myself, and I totally wish I could astrally project my essence out of my body and go to far away places any time I wanted.  With a compelling plot, likable characters (except for Taylor, I just wanted to slap her some of the time, but I think that was the point), and a voice that I just fell into I can't wait to see what Gina comes up with next.  If you're a fan of paranormal romance books that go a little off the beaten path when it comes to ideas you should totally pick this book up and give it a shot.


Out August 7, 2012


5/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment