Tuesday, July 26, 2011

In Which I Talk About Dreams, Zombies, and Horror Movies

So recently my good author friend (or at least I consider her my good author friend, she might think I'm just a creepy stalker fan) Kimberly Derting wrote a blog post on horror movies and her daughter, which got me thinking.  Now I myself am a huge horror slut, I would say horror junkie, but while being a slut can just be all about talk (take Easy A for example) being a junkie is some serious business and can be more deadly than I would like.  Any who, I love horror movies and I'm always looking for a movie that will scare me sh*tless.  So far I've come across no such movie, and although I've not seen Paranormal Activity I refuse to watch it because I don't do weird movies that are viewed through crappy security cameras and such.  Now, if I had to pick my favorite horror movie I would have to go with The Silence of the Lambs because really, who doesn't love Anthony Hopkins? I'm also a big fan of Aliens which is the sequel to Alien and is SO much better than the first one because, well, there are more aliens and...yeah, there are just more aliens.  I've seen a huge number of movies that range from ones that want to make me gouge my eyes out with a dull spoon (Piranha 3D) to ones that aren't all that bad, but didn't scare me (Insidious).  I also can't help but love zombie movies, but now onto the dream part of this blog post.  For some reason every few months I seem to have a reoccurring dream about a zombie apocalypse.  Which could mean a few things.
1. There is a coming zombie apocalypse and my subconscious is trying to tell me to get off my a** and start training
2. Zombies scare me subconsciously and I just am to stupid to realize it
OR
3. Oy brain is trying to tell me that in the case of a zombie apocalypse I will die a horrible death because I will be viciously eaten alive by a hoard of hungry zombies.

Now, all of those sound kind of suckish because well, let's face it, I kinda like the world we live in right now, even if it is a little f*cked up, with all of the crazy pop stars in the limelight and some of the TV shows that are still running.  And I really like being alive and being able to think for myself.  That, and if the zombie apocalypse does happen I WILL NEVER GET TO FINISH ALL THE BOOKS I HAVE TO READ IF I'M EATEN AND I WILL NEVER FIND OUT HOW SOME BOOK SERIES END!!!  Which would pretty much be the worst thing in the world (I'm sure that you would all agree with me on this, right?).  Basically what I'm trying to say is if there is a zombie uprising tomorrow it isn't my fault, and before I die I'm going to break into the publishing offices to read the endings of my favorite books, then I can die happy.  Also, if you have any good horror movies for me to watch please let me know because my socks have not fallen off because I was scared, so before the zombies attack let's fix that. 

Thank you,

   <3

No comments:

Post a Comment