Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review-Slide

Say what you will about weird covers but I like this one, and when I learned it had killing in it I was all for reading it! (Yes I am well aware that makes me sound like a crazy person, but I'll do a post on that later.)  If you know me at all you will know how much I love books by Kimberly Derting and how I just gush over her Body Finder books, so when I read the back of this one and it reminded me a lot of Violet I was like "uh, heck yes.".  I really enjoyed this book because it had pretty much everything I like in it, kissing, mystery, and of course a dead body or two.  The idea was fully new to me and I was very pleased with how Jill wrote it.  When the character "slid" she had to figure out who's body she was in.  After that it was all about secrets, because what would happen if you tried to tell someone you were inside of their body and saw what they did?  You would be branded as a crazy person, and to make sure that didn't happen Vee had to hide it all.  I read this book really quick, it was short, less then 300 pages, but it was still good.  There was a lot of action in the last few chapters, some good kisses, a nice mystery story that I kind of figured out right before the main character (yes, it's hard to throw me off the trail!), and with some dead bodies there was also some insight into what we do and how it effects others.  I'm a lot like Vee (well, except for the fact that I can't slide into people's bodies at random times) in that I'm not in the popular crowd, and I really liked that Jill had her main character that way.  I was also very pleased with some of the other flaws her characters had, because, let's face it, a perfect character is kind of a game-ender.  I also have information from the author (and goodreads) that there is going to be a sequel titles Impostor (for the time being) and I can't wait to see what happens next.  Hopefully there will be more kissing and dead people, because we all know how much I love those things!

Out March 27, 2012


5/5 dust spirits

1 comment:

  1. Useful info. Fortunate me I discovered your web site accidentally, and I'm surprised why this coincidence did not came about earlier! I bookmarked it.
    BCBGMAXAZRIA Women's Hilda Long Sleeve Side Draped Tunic Dress

    ReplyDelete